Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Rationale

This creature I have designed for the Gloaming was loosely based around a minotaur or satyr, but with a bit of an amphibian/reptile twist.

I have desinged this creature to be a worshipper of the dragons of the fire folk. He worships their magnificence and power, and thus looks

to their methods and source of power to become more like them in his obsession. In the lore for the gloaming it is suggested that dragons consume these nutrient rich fire-pod plants which cause them to

that cause them to digest flammable gas and belch fire. I have designed the priest to eat these pods as well, although his body is not as tough and durable as

dragons, and his lower jaw has mutated to have great pores which act as ventilation for his system as he consumes the gas pods that he isn't built to handle.


His clothing is inspired from american indian chieftan apparel, as I imagined him to find loose feathers, shed skin and parts of creatures left by the dragons to scrap together into apparel that

respects the dragons and inspires fear in the folk of the other elements.


I studied a tuatara for inspiration towards this design

No comments:

Post a Comment